St. MARK’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH

St. Louis, Missouri (2009)

Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture, St. Louis AIA, 2010

St. MARK’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH

St. Louis, Missouri (2009)

Designed by noted St. Louis modernist architects Frederick Dunn and Charles Nagel, this small scale artful church was built in 1939.  It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood and is a designated City of St. Louis Landmark. 

Powers Bowersox was retained to design a small addition for this church and to renovate the Sacristy.  The addition is a beautifully simple glass enclosure carefully attached to the rear of the building and proportioned to complement the existing form.  It contains an elevator and stairway which provide an accessible entrance to both levels of the building.

Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture, St. Louis AIA, 2010